TRADITIONAL SPICY SAMBAL
A nice sambal recipe to try ! Hot !
* 900 g stemmed and chopped very roughly jalapeno chilli's
* 10 Thai Chilli's or 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
* 1 cup minced Garlic
* ¼ cup grapeseed or canola oil
* 2 cups rice wine vinegar
* 1 teaspoon Sugar
* 2 teaspoons Salt
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the jalapeños, Thai chiles, garlic, and oil and cook over low heat until the ingredients soften and blend, about 15 minutes.
2. Add the vinegar and cook until reduced by half, 12 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and add the sugar and salt.
4. Cool to room temperature.
5. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and pulse 3 or 4 times to chop to a salsa-like texture.
6. The sambal recipe is ready. Store in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed jar. Lasts 1 month, refrigerated.