A hot sambal recipe to try !
- 10 hot peppers (Variety:Long Hots; can substitute with 15 to 20 serrano peppers)
- 2 tablespoon toasted dried shrimp paste
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
1. Wash peppers and discard stems. Allow to air dry or use papers towels to dry them off.
2. Roughly cut up the peppers and place into a blender together with all of the other ingredients. Process till all the peppers are chopped up into very small pieces.
3. Spoon into a clean container and keep refrigerated.
This sambal can be eaten with all your Asian dishes, especially rice. Spoon some of the sambal into a small container and add some freshly squeezed lime juice. This lime sambal is especially good with grilled fish. The sambal recipe is ready to serve...hot and spicy !